On the Bank account Card
- Posting Fasttab
- Last Remittance Advice number is similar to a check number. This is an incrementing document number
- Transfer Fasttab
- The Export Format will be US for United States.
- E-Pay Export File name needs to be something that will increment.
- Make sure the Bank’s Transit No. (Routing Code)is entered
- Payment Export Format needs to be associated with a Data Exchange Definition
- Make sure the Bank’s Account No. is entered (on General Tab)
On the Payment Journal Batch
Select to Allow Payment Export on the Batch
On the Vendor Card
Go to Vendor – Bank Accounts
Enter the bank account information for the Vendor. The minimum required information is Bank Account No., Transit No. and check off Use for Electronic Payment
Only one bank account can be used per Vendor
In the Payment Method Code – enter Electronic if you wish to pay this Vendor electronically. This is just for filtering the vendor easily
In the Preferred Bank Account Code you can default the Bank Account that will be used for the Payment Journal/Suggest Vendor Payments process.
Processing ACH payments
The Payment Batch needs to be balanced to the bank and the Allow Payment Export needs to be checked off
You can enter the lines manually or on the Vendor tab of Suggest Vendor Payments you can filter for ACH
On the Options tab – select to Summarize per Vendor, a Starting Document No., and the Bank Payment Type as Electronic Payment
After the lines come in – go to the Bank, Export
Select Export –
On the Options tab enter your Bank Account No., choose output method for Remittance Advice and select OK
Print Company Address is for the Remittance Advice
Below is a copy of the Remittance. (My example is not applied to any invoices)
Select Generate EFT Files
You should see your lines
On the Ribbon – you can Unmark any lines you do not want to include. Select Generate EFT
The system will save the file to the bottom left of your computer screen
This is a view of the data – you should not need to touch or edit the file
Once you have generated the File – you HAVE to post the transaction.
If there is an issue with the file, you need to do the following:
1. Post the Payment Journal.
2. Go to the Vendor Ledger Entries page and on the Actions Tab, Unapply Entries for the Payment, this should make the Invoice(s) available to pay again.
3. Still in the Vendor Ledger Entries page and on the Actions Tab, choose to Reverse Transaction on the Payment. This will reverse it off the Vendor and Bank Account.